Tuesday, 11 August 2009

Eavesdropping...

Joe mentioned last night that I will frown wheneverI mark.

I'm in the midst of marking when I realise, yes, true.. I was frowning. Great, now I'm self-conscious.

I overheard Cikgu speaking to a parent on the phone. Yes, I know, Kaypoh. But it was loud and I couldnot help it. The parent, I suppose, was angry initiall, but after the conversation, he apologised to Cikgu.

Years and years of handling parents gave Cikgu such calmness and respect. Should dig up a few pointers from him.

".. biarlah saya terangkan dahulu..."

"perkara pun dah berlaku, kita kerjasama la selesaikan nya, kalau tuduh-menuduh, tak kan selesai..."

"... saya faham sangat anak awak tu, bukan dia tak bagus pelajarannya, dia cuma perlu dorongan..."

Let me explain the situation first. It has happened, let us work together to resolve it, don't blame each other. I understand your son completely, it's not that he's no good academically, he needs more encouragement only.

Some of the things he said in a calm, authoratative tone.

Ok going back to class.

No comments: