Thursday, 1 October 2009

Self-Indulgence

Yesterday was self-indulgence at its very best. I couldn't understand, are we doing it for the children? It seems that we enjoyed ourselves more than the kids do. Did we not know that kids' attention span are curtated, especially when it involves anchoring their asses to the floor?

Geez. All the planning ebbed as some people just wanna do random stuffs, and adding things under the wire, just like that. Hey, what can I say, I have no power. If I had known that at the eleventh hour, there are many who wannna 'showcase', I would have backed out. I think my partner and I would only be glad. Lalithaa requested, under much comtemplation, so I thought, alright, just do it. But others wanted the limelight too... And continue to bore the hell off the kids!!!

Ah well. No use brooding. I did not choose to speak out. It's just me, not wanting to hurt others but ending up hurting myself. I love doing this and then lament all about it. Feel like such a coward sometimes...

At the end of the day, Incubus will resonate through my head...

"So don't let the world bring you down,
Not everyone here is sad, fucked up and cold.
Remember why you came and while you're alive,
Experience the warmth before you grow old..."

Brandon Boyd kept me going. I love him.

No comments: