Sunday, 11 October 2009

Weekends Well Spent...

Joe and I woke up early on Saturday morning and we went to grab KFC AM riser!!!! Such happiness, I gorged AM Platter meal and felt fully sated. Yummy!

Went back home to do some cleaning, chilled out, then Joe and I went on a run. Pardon me, I have not ran long distance for the longest time (pun intended) and my Joe is a half-marathon runner... I must be sick. He was in a darn good mood, he encouraged me on, even though the pain was creeping up in my muscles and I could feel the lactic acid in my gluteus maximus.... But he motivated me, by running my pace, almost half walking (coz I was in the verge of stopping). At the end of the run, he kissed my sweaty forehead and said, "I'm, so proud of you...". That instant was when the pain disappeared, oops, but only for that micro-instant.... We warmed down by walking around Jurong Lake Park and could see so many beautiful sights, too bad didn't have a cam with me...
I rewarded myself with an ice-cream after the run, hey, I deserve it... Then Joe said I'm putting back the calories I've burned, but I don't give two hoots.

After resting for awhile, we went to Jurong Point. Our intention was to watch a movie but nothing good was on, so we abandoned the idea, went to the DVD rental shop to rent DVDs and bought a Supor wok from NTUC. Yeah, I'm so wifey. M-i-L didn't look too please, but I shall not elaborate further.

We ended the Saturday night by searching for the darn remote control for the DVD player. Hilarious, we have DVDs and a DVD player without the remote control.. Dad-i-L, Joe and me went around every nook and corner but to no avail. D-i-L said prolly Joe discarded it during his cleaning spree before I moved in.

But we watched Bourne Ultimatum. Couldn't watch the foreign movie Mongol, coz no RC, no subtitles.

We woke up late ont he lazy Sunday morning, with doing normal stuffs like laundry, and I went on to cook Tom Yam soup... First time ok. And Joe loved it... Success!!!!! Wait, most importantly, Dad-i-L ate my cooking for teh first time prolly and Mum-i-L told me to leave some for her before she left for classes! I was on top of Mars, Jupiter and prolly Saturn!

I'm so proud to say that I can, officially, cook... Tom Yam soup.





So I'm not looking forward for another week in school, but I hope it's as great as my weekends...

No comments: